Friday, January 23, 2015

January 19

This week was okay... We were able to do another service project for the one of our investigators. Her name is Gina Vidrate and basically we sanded the wall for her family, so that later the could paint. My companion talked with her as we worked. Right now I am not really able to say to much in spanish, so I just kept on a sanding away. It was kind of funny becuase the room was a greenish color, so afterwords we both looked like the same color as hulk. I enjoy giving service to the people of peru. This investigator is leaving to Lima for work, so maybe in the future we will be able to keep her progressing. It is always sad to see someone stop progressing, but god gave everyone their agency.

My study is going alright. This week one day I decided to study in chp 2 of Preach My Gospel which is about studying effectively. There was a little excerpt about receiving light and Joseph F. Smith. I read about his vision and then I got a little side track and read the Official Declarations in the back of the doctrine and covenants. That night one of the lessons at the family that was less active the daughter asked about polygamy in the church. A hard question, but with the help of my companion and having read the official declaration in the morning we were able to help her out and provide where she could find the answers for herself. 
I thought it was a cool experience of how the study of the scriptures can bless the lives of others. Even if it was on a tangent of what I was originally was studying haha.

I will keep working hard to preach and teach and enjoy.. Mission Life in Peru


Elder Mecham




Thanks so much for you prayers... I feel so loved. My haircut just turned into me having a buzzed head, but hey whatever it will grow back. Sadly this week I was sick. It must have been something I ate but I vomited and my stomach just felt terrible. We didn't end up going out that day because of me... sad... but it happens. This Saturday my companion woke up with a terrible pain in his side. I thought he was going to need to go to the hospital... It went away with time but he might have a kidney stone which would really suck for him.. I pray he doesn't have to experience a kidney stone.

I liked how to mentioned that problems seemed easier to bear in you email. It is the enabling power of the atonement working hand and hand in your life. I send this talk to dad, but I want to send it to you too because I really enjoyed it. Haha I will just paste it below.

I will hang in here.... There are a lot of fears and doubts that I will need to conquer but I know that I can with the help of the atonement. I miss you all. Love you to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment