Friday, January 23, 2015

January 5-11

Greetings from Peru

The parties have settled down and people and finished with their holiday craziness. This week I was able to do some service with my companion for the the family that owns the shop we live above. We helped him make a new sign for the store. It took most of the day, but I was just glad to help Hno. Jimmy and his family out. In the process of helping them make a sign I ended up tearing my Utah shirt, funny yet sad at the same time. It is okay though because I still have more clothes with the symbol of the best school.

This week I had my first zone meeting. I gave a short spiritual thought for the meeting which basically consisted of me reading a scripture and saying we were called to serve. Then I got a sweet letter from Pappy (Jerry Hansen). I love how it had garfield drawn on the front. It was a really good pick me up. 

By far the highlight of my week was and one of our investigators accepted a baptismal date. Her name is Blanca Santos and she is seems excited for baptism. She knows the book of morm is true and I hope she follows through with her comittment. 

My testimony of fasting was really strengthend this week. Elder Jarman and I decided to start a special fast for Blanca Santos to accept the baptismal date, and she DID!!!.
Elder Mecham

 

No comments:

Post a Comment