Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6

Happy 4th of July

Well I kind of miss the festivities of the fourth which kind of sucked. The only thing that the peruvivans were celebrating was the day of the friend which is a day that was created by a beer company where they lower the prices for beer so there were a lot of drunks. Also the Copa America had the final which chile won. I know because during the times of the futbol games all the people will not let you in because the are "really busy". The only festive thing that I ended up doing was that we sang the national anthem with all the americans during the mision coordination. All the pervuvians laughed but I am glad I am part of the states.
I completed 8 months in the mission and elder Nordhoff completed 1 year this week too. It was kind of funny because the night he completed a year after planning he just sat there and stared at the ceiling saying how long a year is. I mean the mission is long but it goes by really fast. I was cool though because he burned a shirt. I want to burn a shirt for a year but I will probably just burn one of the shirts that other missionaries have left because I feel like a just have enough shirts to get me through the weeks.
I feel like I know my area okay now. I am kinda sad because we are pretty sure that elder Nordhoff is going to get changed next week. That means I will only have one change with him. Then I will need to lead the area and teach my next comp.
We have been struggling with a draught of investigators... It is hard. My last area we seemed to always have new people and people to teach. I mean speaking of my first area elder unruh was in the mission boliton with a baptism of a family that we worked so hard with. I am so glad that he met his goal... Now they have the goal to get sealed in the Trujillo which makes me so happy.
Well I hope grandpa heels well, And that you guys had a great fourth of july.
Love you all
Elder Mecham
Thats cool to hear about Joshua Mecham in the family history. What is funny is he was baptized on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment