Thursday, May 21, 2015

May 18, 2015

Life

This week was just another hard word week. We did splits this Sunday and we had a lot of success. I can say for my Spanish I can survive and live in a different country now.

But if it comes to answering the phone haha, it takes time and some repetition on the other person{s part, but it is all coming along.

We have an investigator that has now been coming to church frequently with his family who are members. I am hoping that he will accept a baptismal date that is for the 30th of may. Their family is heading to the Trujillo open house this next week on Saturday, so hopefully that does the trick for him. I would put money on the house of the Lord to help move the work forward.

About transfers to the other mission. All of Cajamarca and Guadelupe these two zones are going to the other mission. Basically how it will work is that the missionaries who are in these two zones will just transition over to a different mission. They will have a new president and all. 

There is a possibility that I go to the new mission. It would be idk different. I have become accustomed to President Williams and how he teaches, but I would more than willingly go to the other mission. I have 2 weeks left in this change and then yep I will have my first change.



Oh yah, this week there was a multi zone meeting. Basically we get together and learn how to be better missionaries. The best part is that they feed you good food too. We had pizza hut. That was the best. The other great part is seeing the other missionaries from the other zones. I saw 3 other missionaries that came to Chiclayo with me. One that was actually in my district in the CCM. THey were all doing well. The best part was I was actually able to have conversations with the latinos from my group.

President gave some great trainings. One on Jacob 5. But the main focus was how we should use the scriptures more in our teachings. The president did a demonstration with the assistant. And basically on the spot the assistant, Elder Lalli, answered all the presidents questions by reciting scripture masteries. It was amazing. So now my goal is to get the scripture masteries down in spanish.


Well life is good. LG


Elder Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment