Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016

Well this was a great week.. It started well and ended even better. This week I had the opportunity to do 2 interchanges thursday and friday.. I was away from my companion for basically 48 hours.. It was weird yet fun at the same time. First I went to an Area call San Jose Obrero with elder Glauser who is from a small outside of Logan. He is newer in the mission, he has the same time as my son Elder Darrington. He has a lot of energy to just go and work and contact everyone in his path. The only hard thing for him is that most people do not understand what he says. I remember how that used to feell. The kid is awesome though.. Really you do not need to speak spanish well be an amazing missionary. Elder Glauser shows this... he has way less time then I do but he has baptized the same amount of people that I have.. haha.

Oscar was baptized this Saturday.. It was a great and spiritual moment... The only sad thing is that everyone showed up about 30 minutes late.. hahaPeruvian time. Oscar could not decide between My companion and I on who he wanted to baptize him so he flipped a coin. Elder Isuiza won... for me as long as the dude get baptized I am happy... Well the baptism was probably the funniest thing I have seen... One my companion is tiny.. too Oscar is about my height and is huge.... My companion said the baptism prayer, then oscar kneeled down and my companion forced him under the water... All the people in attendance busted up laughing... It was funny.

Saturday and sunday also was stake conference here so It was nice listening to the stake president and president williams and his wife..

Well just wait till you see the baptismal picture ....I will
send it soon.
Elder Mecham



No comments:

Post a Comment