Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1, 2015

Happy New years!!!!

I am so excited to start this new year, it feels so good to have a clean slate. To be honest these first couple weeks in the mission field have been really hard. At times I have just wanted to quit, but I know I am out here for a reason. I am out here to find souls and bring them to Christ. My companion shared amazing talks with me that have lifted my spirit in times of trouble. One speaker that I have really enjoyed is Brad Wilcox, he gave a talk on Grace, call His Grace is Sufficient. I invite everyone to go and watch it. My favorite part of the talk is when he compares the saving grace to Piano lessons. Piano¨/French horn lessons for me. Piano lessons have a price which must be paid, so the mom pays this price. She does not pay a little bit of it, or most of it; she pays for all of it. Then what she requires from her kid is practice. Practice is not paying the piano teacher, or his mom for paying for the piano lessons, but it is how the child shows appreciation for mom´¨s marvelous gift. The mom represents Christ. Christ paid in full the price justice demands. Then Christ expects practice from us or keeping his commandments and making covenants with him.

Anyways watch or listen to this talk, my words do not give it justice.

My christmas package arrived! Thanks so much for all the candy and junk food. Elder Jarman said he really likes the Reeses. 

Well I have a far way to go, but I know poco a poco, and by small things are great things brought to pass. I am so grateful to be your son. I am realizes how much things I have taken for granted. I miss you, and I hope I will make you pround.


Next monday is my next pday, and from then on it should stay on monday. This holiday season has been fun. The Peruvians know how to do a firework show. New Year´s is a crazy time in Peru. People are so busy preparing their Muñecos to burn at night. Some of the Muñecos stood as tall as a 3 story building. The only sad thing about this time is the work slows down because so many people are focused on partying. Story short, I saw the best firework show in my life.

P day we woke up cleaned up the room, cleanliness is next to Godliness, and played soccer with the district at the Chapel in my area. My companion kicked butt at soccer, he played striker for his high school team, and he basically can beat the latinos. I had a lot of fun, even though it was super hot. Then a couple of us went out to eat.


I know that God listens and answers prayers, and that he has a plan for each of us. Godspeed everyone. 




I love you guys,

Elder Joshua Mecham
Take pics of Brook

Tell her l love her, and that she should focus on her feelings of the baptism and the receiving of the Holy Ghost.

Until Monday.


Paz y Amor

No comments:

Post a Comment