Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23

 Weekly Update

This weeThe exciting part of this week is on Thursday the office missionaries called. My companion handed me the phone. At this time I knew it was serious because I never answer the phone. One I don´t know Spanish, two the phone service sucks in Peru and you can barely hear what the other end of the line is saying. The first though that popped in my head was that I was going to have an emergency change. I did not want that... The office elder told me that I was going to Lima Thursday night to take out my Peruvian id card- visa. This really brightened up my day. One it is a change in the typical schedule and two I would get to fly again. I really love to fly. Thursday night came and when I went into the airport the people from my group in the CCM were there. My old companion, and two other sisters. It was such a party, I loved to have the opportunity to talk to them and see how their missions were going. Not to compare, but I was the only one with a baptism so far. We flew out and then stayed in a really nice hotel. It was so nice to take a shower in a shower with water pressure. I did not have to worry about being shocked by the shower either. For dinner we ate McDonalds which was good. Sadly, it is a truth that McDonalds will get you sick regardless of what part of the world you are in. We all got sick. The morning came too fast. Then the next day we were in a government building waiting in lines for hours.


 I loved to have the opportunity to talk to them and see how their missions were going. Not to compare, but I was the only one with a baptism so far. We flew out and then stayed in a really nice hotel. It was so nice to take a shower in a shower with water pressure. I did not have to worry about being shocked by the shower either.
For dinner we ate McDonalds which was good. Sadly, it is a truth that McDonalds will get you sick regardless of what part of the world you are in. We all got sick. The morning came too fast.
Then the next day we were in a government building waiting in lines for hours.

We finished and went out to the van. We could have gone to the temple, but the tour company insisted we had to wait for the elders of Cusco. We ended up sitting in the van for 3 hours doing nothing. Then we didn't have to even wait for the other elders they had a completely different van. This was so annoying I wanted to go to the TEMPLE!!!!!!! 
We ate Papa Johns for lunch which I didn't even know they had in Peru. Lima is more modern than Chiclayo is. Now days some parts we were in reminded me of being back in the states.
The pizza was amazing.
 Then they took us back to the airport 5 hours early. Again why didn't we go to the temple. All in all it was enjoyable


 

Hello just a cool thought 

Today I read all of our search for happiness by Russel M Ballard. It is really good. You should read it if you haven't. A part I really liked was¨

That´s the way it is when Jesus Christ becomes a reality in your life. It isn´t that He somehow makes you do things that you wouldn't do otherwise. Rather, you find yourself wanting to do what He would do and respond in an effort to bring your life into harmony with His. And an interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christ´s footsteps. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way He walked----loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way--- one day you´ll look up and discover that His path has led you directly to the throne of God. For that is and ever has been His great purpose and mission: to lead us to our Heavenly Father so we can dwell with Him in His heavenly home.

I thought it was really cool and it stood out to me. I feel it is important that they included developing Christlike attributes in Preach my Gospel. How can you be a representative of Christ if you are not like him? Christ´s way is God´s way. and God´s way leads to lasting happiness. In reality God´s way is much more easier than any other way.

Elder Mecham




Cuy

 I don´t know if it you can see it but across the street they just had a bag full of guinea pigs. They eat them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment